Monday, October 13, 2014

Gates Foundation Visitor Center..... Did You Know About This?



At a recent seminar I attended, and in the tourist-brochure rack in the lobby of the hotel, I picked up a brochure for the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Visitor Center. "Arrive Curious. Leave Inspired." This was the caption on the brochure and it surely grabbed my attention.

"Discover worldwide efforts to help people live healthy, productive lives. See challenges and solutions brought o life through interactive exhibits designed to inform and inspire you."

There are interactive things to do at this Center. For instance, "Lift a 16-pound bucket to really understand the challenge of walking for safe drinking water."

Admission is free, hours are Tuesdays through Saturdays, 10:00 to 5:00. The location is 440-5th Avenue North, just east of the Seattle Center.... near the Space Needle. The website is www.gatesvc.org

Why post this on our WSGS blog? I think most of us Washingtonians are proud of "our" Bill and Melinda Gates and the worldwide work that they're doing. I did not know about this Visitors Center and I was betting that you did not either. Now we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment