This dreary, rainy morning I present to you a test. If you take this test and post your answers (or send them to me) there will be prizes! Just wanting to see who is reading this blog.............. The test is about our favorite Washington mountain, Mount Rainier:
1. Who gave Mount Rainier it's "white-man" name? (It was known as Tahoma for eons locally.)
2. When did Mount Rainier become part of the National Park system?
3. What year did the first automobiles enter Mount Rainier Park?
4. How high is Mount Rainier?
5. When did Mount Rainier last erupt?
6. Do experts think it will erupt again?
7. Is Mount Rainier one peak or two peaks or three peaks?
8. Have you ever climbed Mount Rainier?
9. Have you ever flown over Mount Rainier?
10. Which of these animals has not been spotted on Mount Rainier: Bald Eagle, Black Bear, Elk, Marmot, SeaStar, or Stellar's Jay?
This Mount Rainier photo was taken by my son on a lucky day when he was flying over: